HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 17 - 20
Tuesday, Jan. 17 Bring a Historical/Fiction Reading Book
Sketchbook: Complete quote and illustration for I, i
IXL: T.1, U.1, U.2
Friday, Jan. 20 Spelling Test-Unit 9 Vocabulary
Romeo and Juliet: Sketchbook-Act I, scenes iii & iv
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 23 - 27
Monday, Jan. 23 Romeo and Juliet: Sketchbook-I, v
Tuesday, Jan. 24 Vocabulary Book Unit 9 completed
Friday, Jan. 27 Vocabulary Book Unit 9 Quiz
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 9 - 13
Tuesday, Jan. 10 Write one pun on the 3x5 card you were given
Complete Vocab Book Unit 8
Friday, Jan. 13 Finish Mystery/Adventure Book
Vocabulary Quiz-Unit 8
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 16 - 20
Tuesday, Jan. 17 Complete IXL: T.1, U.1, U.2
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 3 - 6
Friday, Jan. 6 Vocabulary Unit 8 Spelling Test
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 5 - 9
Monday, Dec. 5 Performance Poetry!!
Tuesday, Dec. 6 Vocabulary Book - Unit 7
Secret Snowflake Wrapped Gift
A Small Gift for "A Safe Place"
Student Council Project
Friday, Dec. 9 Vocabulary Unit 7 Quiz
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 28 - DECEMBER 2
Monday, Nov. 28 An Adventure OR Mystery Book
PLEASE NOTE: You only need to bring the
book -not to have read it yet!!
Friday, Dec. 2 Sonnet: edited and printed!!
Spelling Test: Unit 7
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 14 - NOVEMBER 18
Tuesday, Nov. 15 Vocabulary Book-Unit 6 I-V
Friday, Nov. 18 Reading Journals: 15 Entries
Vocabulary Quiz: Unit 6
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 21 - NOVEMBER 23
Monday, Nov. 21 Poetry Packet (12 Poems) Check your email
All printed BEFORE you come to class!!
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 7 - NOVEMBER 10
Tuesday, Nov. 8 FTM: Chapter 18-annotate in book
Thursday, Nov. 10 Spelling Test-Unit 6 Vocabulary Book
Check your email for the formatting guide-
lines for your Poetry Packet.
FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 4
Tuesday, Nov. 1 Vocabulary Book: Unit 5
Wednesday, Nov. 2 Five (5-7) Photos of you, family, friends, places
FTM: Chapter 17 Summary or 8-10 bullet points
"November Rain" Poem formatted AND
PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING YOUR POETIC
Thursday, Nov. 3
Final Narrative (starting at the bottom)
Draft #1 on the bottom
Narrative Writing Checklist
Peer Edit Sheet
Draft #2 (the one with Ms. M's comments)
Final Narrative Rubric on top
Friday, Nov. 4 Vocab Quiz: Unit 5
Your personal "Ode to Family Photographs" Poem
Include: repetition, 1-2 similes, 2-3 images that
appeal to the senses
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 24 - 28
• Monday, Oct. 24 Vocabulary: Unit 1-4 10 Question Review
• Tuesday, Oct. 25 FTM: Chapter 12-Annotate and choose ONE
of the following:
-Draw and label 3 pictures
-Write 3 haikus
-5-7 bullet points
-Write an "I Am" Poem
•Thursday, Oct. 26 FTM: Read and annotate Chapters 14 &15:
-Create a quiz AND a key!
-5 Fill In The Blanks
-2 Short Answer Questions that
begin with "Why" or "How"
•Friday, Oct. 28 Re-read the poem "The Dogs at Live Oak Beach,
Santa Cruz" by Alicia Ostriker
-Underline the most vivid line (the one
that evokes the most imagery) for you in
-Draw or find 3 pictures that have
something to do with the poem
-Label them with lines from the poem
-PRINT ALL BEFORE CLASS (OR
you can send them to me and I will print
them for you but I must have them BEFORE
Vocabulary Unit 5-Spelling Test
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 17 - 21
• Monday, Oct. 17 Narrative: Draft 1 Printed and ready for
• Tuesday, Oct. 18 FTM: Chapter 8
-4 Haikus*: one each from point of view
of Gram, Grim, Max, Kevin. These
should reflect that you read the chapter.
Revised "I Am" Poem
• Wednesday, Oct. 19 Vocabulary Book-Unit 4
Narrative: Draft #2
• Friday, Oct. 21 Vocabulary Unit 4 Test
Collect FTM to check for annotating
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 10 - 14
• Friday, October 14: Freak The Mighty: Chapter 6 Bookmark
• Friday, October 14: Spelling Test-Unit 4 Vocabulary
• Friday, October 14: Please choose 4 of these 6 questions to answer
in your Reading Journal. Remember, your
answer should be 7-9 excellent sentences,
include Title, author, a restatement of the
question and specific examples from the book
(or your life if it is appropriate for the question
QUESTIONS (CHOOSE 4)
1) Describe your main character using some of
the interior characteristics you've discovered.
2) Copy down a quote from your character and explain
why it's meaningful to you.
3) How is your character like Brady from the Red Kayak?
4) Describe your feelings about the antagonist.
Why do you feel this way?
5) What is your favorite setting in your book?
Find evidence and quote it directly from
your book. Underline all descriptive words.
6) Make up your own question and answer it.
• If you've looked at Power School-don't panic!! You will have the opportunity to make up
all journal assignments next week for full credit!!
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 3 - 6
• Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016: Sobriquet or Nickname Poem
-Please have it typed when you come
• Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016: Vocabulary Unit 3
• Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016: Quiz Vocabulary Unit 3
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 26 - 30
• Friday, Sept. 30, 2016: Spelling Test Vocabulary Unit 3
• Friday, Sept. 30, 2016: Freak The Mighty:
-Read Chapter 3
-Underline important information
-On a Post•It Note, please summarize the
chapter in 5 bullet points
-Next, write one prediction or question at
the bottom of the Post•It
• Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016 Freak The Mighty:
-Summarize Chapter 1
-Read and annotate Chapter 2
• Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016: IXL - BB.1-BB.3
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19-23
• Monday, Sept. 19, 2016: Narrative Final Draft (all other drafts, edits and rubrics attached)
• Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016: Plural Nouns Sheets
• Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016: Vocabulary Book Unit 2
• Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016: Think of a character from literature and think of an overall characteristic that you can write about for 4-5 paragraphs in an Expository Essay.
• Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016: Find two words each that are derived from the root words of Unit 2. Make sure to define them using the definition of the root word.
• Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016: IXL - AA1-AA4
HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12-16
• Friday, Sept. 16, 2016: Spelling Test Unit 2